Construction Accessibility Plan
Highway 42 Construction Project
we are open for business!
Starting January 2, 2024 Highway 42 through Egg Harbor will be undergoing construction work. But we’re here to tell ya that the roads and [more importantly] the businesses will be accessible and open for business!
January 2, 2024: Hwy 42 detour starts
May 24-June 23: Detour will be removed during weekends
June 28, 2024: Hwy 42 detour & construction pauses
September 2024: Hwy 42 construction resumes. Hwy 42 open to traffic with flagging
October 21, 2024: Detour potentially resumes
- Orchard Road and Market Street are lateral access points
- Harbor School Road to Church Street to County E will have minimal construction interference
- Harbor School Road to Heritage Lake Road to County E will also have minimal construction interference
- Horseshoe Bay Road to Dock Road to White Cliff Road will have minimal construction interference
- County T to Heritage Lake Road to County EE will have no construction interference
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS
Village of Egg Harbor Website: https://villageofeggharbor.org/hwy42
This site includes project scope, design plans, previously recorded meetings, maps and more.
Wisconsin DOT Website: https://projects.511wi.gov/wis42shore/
This site includes updates from the DOT, official detour route, and more.
The official detour route is Hwy 57 to County V to County A to County EE. Please remember that Hwy 42 will remain open to businesses and properties in the work zone.