70 Reasons to Visit Egg Harbor
Some things you may not know... and others you need to experience. Get ready for the top 70 reasons to visit Egg Harbor and see if you can add to our list!
1. Voted one of the "Top Ten Coolest Small Towns in America," by Budget Travel Magazine.
2. More water-view lodging than any other community in the county.
3. Centrally located in the county.
4. Four for fore. Great golf at four Egg Harbor courses including Alpine Golf Course, The Orchards, Stonehedge and Horseshoe Bay.
5. A state-of-the-art marina.
6. See the spectacle of cherry trees in full blooms.
7. Voted "Best Shopping Experience" by the readers of Door County Magazine.
8. Water. There is a lot of water.
9. Free live music, including the summer "Concerts in the Park" series on Thursdays and Peg Egans "Sunset Concert Series" on Sundays.
10. Outstanding beach.
11. Voted the "Best Wisconsin Town for Galleries and Arts Scene" by Wonders of Wisconsin.
12. A center for the arts.
13. Free family concerts performed by Birch Creek Music Performance Center staff.
14. Take a peaceful bicycle ride through the scenic countryside.
15. Sit and watch a spectacular sunset from Harbor View Park.
16. A walking-friendly village.
17. Digging through antique shops.
18. Take a horse-drawn wagon ride during Holly Days.
19. Outstanding fireworks display. Annually on the 3rd of July. Voted "Best Fireworks Display" by readers of Door County Magagzine.
20. Wonderful place to unwind and relax.
21. Home of the annual Blossom Run.
22. Perfect location for a destination wedding that will wow your family and friends.
23. Your favorite beverage just tastes better enjoyed outside in Egg Harbor.
24. Quirky New Year's Day parade. Join in the fun!
25. Door County's first organic grocery store - Greens N Grains.
26. Challenge your self at the annual Door County Triathlon.
27. Home of the ever-popular Breakfast with Santa event.
28. Relax, relate, release...Girlfriends Great Eggscape event. Escape with your girlfriends.
29. Visit farm animals in a natural setting.
30. Fall colors. Enough said...
31. Home of the Door County Trolley Station.
32. Many award-winning wineries located in and around Egg Harbor.
33. Pumpkin Patch Festival.
34. Great starting point to explore five state parks.
35. Take in the starry, starry nights.
36. Visit and be the envy of all of your friends.
37. A low-key, flip-flops kind of place.
38. Niagra Escarpment. Feel it, learn about it.
39. A haven for artists.
40. Perfect for the nature lover.
41. A Harbor of Refuge.
42. Enrich your soul.
43. Visit artists-in-residence. Many is restored historic buildings.
44. Celebrate and reconnect with you family in a scenic setting.
45. Visit the nearby lighthouses.
46. Check out the creative uses locals have found for re-purposing old barns.
47. Treat your tastebuds to a delicious meal - there is a great variety of restaurants and bistros.
48. Pick your own cherries!
49. Sample cherry salsa, SweeTango apples, cherry donuts and more.
50. Play with the kids or relive your childhood - mini-golf, go-carts, ziplines, water wars.
51. Discover the rich historical legacy.
52. Tee up and drive off a cliff at Alpine Golf Course.
53. Hometown of Kimberly Sawyer (Larson), Miss Wisconsin 2010, and the runner-up.
54. Wander through town and take in the many displays of public art.
55. Pet-friendly, family-friendly, people-friendly.
56. Watch the ebb and flow of the water.
57. Farm Markets - for fresh, high-quality agricultural products direct from the producer.
58. Head to the beach and rent a standup paddleboard or kayak.
59. Take a Sunset Paddleboard cruise.
60. Incredible ice fishing during winter months.
61. Visit Door County's original micro-brewery, Shipwrecked Brew Pub.
62. One-of-a-kind culinary delights.
63. Find the elves hidden in shops during Holly Days.
64. Change your latitude. Change your attitude.
65. Make life long memories.
66. A taste fantastic beer with an even better view at Egg Harbor AleFest.
67. Love cars? Door County Sports & Classic Car Show is the place to be!
68. Get pampered at one of salons or spas.
69. Get in your bird watching - Egg Harbor is a designated Bird City.
70. Taste incredible local cheese and handmade artisan bread.